Paws & Pause
London's only socially responsible Doggy Daycare. We combine
expert-levels of Dog care with
a Social Mission.
Welcome to Paws & Pause!
South London’s Social Enterprise Doggy Daycare
Our Peckham Site less than 10mins by car and bus and a 17 min walk from from East Dulwich SE22, we are easy to get to and already serve many of East Dulwich's finest dogs and puppies! With long opening hours from 7.15 - 18.30 we cater for owners who want to drop off and pick up from our purpose designed centre on your way to and from work!
Located across South London in two dedicated Sites, Paws & Pause has built a thriving community of dog owners who are supporting their local community all while nurturing their dog's social life and wellbeing!
Paws & Pause is a Doggy Daycare with a Mission! When you send your dog to daycare with us, not only are you providing them with the most fun and enriching experience, but you are also supporting your local community by helping us to provide some of the most vulnerable people with traineeship placements at our daycare sites!
We can't wait to meet you and your dog!
Dog Friendly East Dulwich
East Dulwich; a dog lovers dream! We've compiled the best dog friendly spots in the area for our East Dulwich community, or anyone with a pup thinking of moving to the area!
1. Peckham Rye Park and Common: This green oasis is a haven for both humans and their four-legged friends reaching from East Dulwich up to central Peckham. Well behaved dogs can go off lead on the common area, and there are plenty of paths for picturesque walks. With ponds, woodlands, and even a cafe, it's a fantastic place to spend quality time with your pup. You can even pop into Dog Friendly Peckham Bowls for a quick game or a pint with you pup - and find our Paws & Pause dog treats on the bar!
2. Dulwich Park: Just a stone's throw away from East Dulwich, Dulwich Park is a gem for dog owners. The park offers scenic trails, a serene lake, and wide-open spaces perfect for a game of fetch.
3. Horniman Museum and Gardens: This cultural hub is not just for humans. The Horniman Gardens are dog-friendly, and you can explore the beautiful gardens and enjoy panoramic views of the city. While dogs are not allowed inside the museum, you can still have a great time outdoors.
4. Dog-Friendly Cafes: East Dulwich is home to several cafes that not only serve delicious food but also welcome dogs with open arms. Megans and Soderberg both welcome dogs for all your bakery and brunch needs, whilst Blue Mountain Café and The Flock Café offer outdoor seating where your pup can join you for lunch or a quick coffee.
5. Dog-Friendly Pubs: Many pubs in East Dulwich are dog-friendly, making them perfect for a relaxing evening out with your pet. The Palmerston, The Bishop, and The Actress are just a few options where you can enjoy a pint while your dog lounges at your feet, or pop into the Beautiful East Dulwich Tavern (or the EDT to the locals!) after a walk on Goose Green and grab some Paws & Pause treats from the bar!
6. Vets: The wonderful Neighbood Vets located on the high street in East Dulwich will take care of all your pups health needs and have a small shop for pooches retail needs!
7. East Dulwich Picturehouse: If you're a movie lover, the East Dulwich Picturehouse is a great choice. They have special dog-friendly screenings, so you can catch a film while your dog relaxes by your side.
8. Dog Grooming: The Dandy Hound is a short walk from East Dulwich providing grooming and a beautiful shop for all your pups shopping!
East Dulwich is a haven for dog owners, offering a wide range of places and activities to enjoy with your furry friend. Whether you're sipping coffee in a dog-friendly cafe or taking a leisurely stroll through the parks, East Dulwich welcomes you and your canine companion with open arms. So, leash up your pup and start exploring this dog-friendly paradise in the heart of South London.44
Ellie J. & Gizmo
"I’ve had nothing but positive experiences with Paws & Pause! My Shih Tzu Gizmo is full of excitement every Wednesday and cannot wait to join her friends at daycare! The team are warm and welcoming, and take care of Giz like she were their own."
Making London a better place,
one paw at a time
They met working for a homelessness charity & quickly became frustrated with the lack of resources for people in recovery. So they decided to combine their passion for supporting people with their love of dogs..
and Paws & Pause was born!